- BEST BOAT CARPET REVIEWS (UPDATE LIST)
- What is Boat Carpet?
- Types of Boat Carpets
- Benefits Of Using Boat Carpet
- Safety tips
- Best Boat Carpets Comparison Chart
- Wrap up
Sunny days are the best time to go for a quick trip to the water. Grab the boat and go! You perhaps already have almost everything you need for an exceptional experience in the sea. But you need a final touch – the best boat carpet. This carpet will give your vessel and you the feeling of being home while sailing. The rug provides just the right finish to the boat.
Choosing the right kind of carpet can be really hard. What type should you choose? What are the differences between the varieties of them? To what features you have to pay attention?
Here we are introducing you to the answers to these questions, some more information, and even best boat carpet reviews. Along with that, we have some new safety tips, which will help you find the right carpet.
Indoor/Outdoor Carpet with Rubber Marine Backing
||View On Amazon|
SeaSense Boat Bunk Padding
||View On Amazon|
Marine Carpeting Do-It-Yourself Boat Carpet
||View On Amazon|
Value Carpets Marine Grade Boat Carpet
||View On Amazon|
Bascar Pontoon Boat Carpet
||View On Amazon|
BoatCarpetSales Cutpile Boat Carpet
||View On Amazon|
BEST BOAT CARPET REVIEWS (UPDATE LIST)
This is where we will show you the most distinguished products on the market nowadays. Our team hasn’t arranged them in any particular order so the most suitable product for your needs might not be under No. 1.
1. Indoor/Outdoor Carpet with Rubber Marine Backing
The indoor/outdoor carpet by House, Home, and More is made of polyester fiber. Polyester by nature is moths- and mold-resistant, sheds moisture, stain-resistant, and non-allergenic. Thus, it’s ideal for marine use as it can survive harsh weather conditions.
The unit has a rubber marine backing that makes the carpet stay in place without using anything to adhere. The rug is UV protected to prevent fading due to sunlight or other elements.
Even though the edges of the carpet are unbound, it doesn’t fray giving you more versatility. You can either use the rug as is or trim it to size.
The carpet features a low pile height which is 1/4 inches and weighs 11 pounds which means that the carpet will add very little weight on the boat. Water can seep through so that the rug will not mold or build mildew from snow, ice, and rain.
The only downside is that the manufacturer doesn’t offer custom sizes. The carpet is sold in 6-feet width and in lengths starting at 10 feet and then in 5-foot increments.
- The polyester fabric that can stand up to the marine environment
- Possible to get samples
- 30-day return policy
- Cannot get custom sizes
- The pile height is too thin and might lack durability
2. SeaSense Boat Bunk Padding
If you are going to accessorize your most valued possession, the SeaSense boat bunk padding is an essential material for any boat owner which can be used for padding or as a carpet for boats. The budget-friendly padding will give a good wrap around your boat.
It is static-free and doesn’t retain water which is a useful feature since boats are exposed to the harsh marine environment.
The product is made of water-resistant polypropylene marine material which is durable. It is about 1/4 inches thick and effortless to cut to be able to have a custom fit around the boat. Even after cutting, the product does not fray and will cause no tripping or slipping on the boat. When it comes to weight, less is always better on a boat, and this padding weighs just about 1 pound.
It is easy to install the carpet thanks to the Acrylic backing giving the padding a good grip. The carpet is 12 feet long and 12 inches wide, and available only in black color. Unfortunately, if the pre-cut size doesn‘t fit your space, custom sizes are not offered by the manufacturer.
- Water-resistant material
- Weighs just a pound
- No other color choice
- No option for custom size
3. Marine Carpeting Do-It-Yourself Boat Carpet
When it comes to choosing a carpet color to match your boat‘s interior or exterior, Marine Carpeting has it all. From black to red, cocoa to silver blue, you will have a wide array of options to choose from. Not only that, but you can also order a custom length carpet depending on the intended space. The width of the rug can be either 6 feet or 8 feet, wide enough for every purpose.
It is a 20-ounce cut pile premium marine-grade carpet which has high UV stabilized polypropylene construction and is highly durable and resists stain. It also means that the color of the carpet will not fade quickly. The carpet is designed for a glue-down application and has a rubber backing. You can purchase the glue from the manufacturer’s site.
The unit also includes installation manual, carpet knife, and extra blades. Hence, as the title says, you have all the tools required to do the carpeting by yourself.
- Wide range of color option
- UV stabilized polypropylene construction
- Includes manual, carpet knife and extra blades
- Frays easily after cutting
4. Value Carpets Marine Grade Boat Carpet
Polypropylene is a popular material choice for marine carpets, but it is susceptible to UV radiation. It needs to be stabilized to tackle the harmful rays. The carpet offered by Value Carpets is 100% polypropylene stabilized yarn which is not only durable, but the color will not fade for a long time. The manufacturer offers a 2-year sun fade warranty.
The carpet is extremely moisture resistant which makes it an ideal choice for boats as they are exposed to the marine environment. It has 20 ounces pile weight which is thick enough to have a long-lasting life.
You have 10 color options to choose from to match your boat’s interior and exterior. For maximum satisfaction, the manufacturer offers samples on request.
As in the case of many carpets manufacturers, Value Carpets offers 6 feet width carpet. The length can be as long as you want, depending on your needs.
It has a rubber backing and most suitable for the glue-down application.
- 100% polypropylene stabilized carpet yarn
- Available in 10 colors
- Offers sample
- When cut, the carpet frays easily
5. Bascar Pontoon Boat Carpet
If you want to give your boat a great look, choose the lush and thick 32-ounce boat carpet by Bascar. The carpet is of superior quality and rated for marine use, and as such, the material can handle harsh marine weather conditions. It resists moisture and avoids the growth of mold and mildew.
To avoid wrinkles and folds, the carpet is most suited for the glue-down application. It has a rubber backing which makes it easier to install.
For testing and checking the exact color, you can request a free sample. This way, you will not end up buying the wrong color or fabric.
While the length will be your choice, width is a fixed 8.5 feet wide. It is wide enough to cover any boat base.
The purchase will include the carpet, installation manual, carpet knife, and extra blade. Thus providing you with all the necessary tools for easy and quick installation.
- 32-ounce marine grade carpet
- Different color option
- Customized length
- Tends to get hotter in the sun
6. BoatCarpetSales Cutpile Boat Carpet
BoatCarpetSales bring you 16 Ounce cut pile marine grade durable carpet. It has a rubber backing and designed for a glue-down application. The rubber backing works very well with a water-based adhesive. It has UV stabilized polypropylene construction giving you not only a soft fabric but prevent damages from UV radiation enhancing the durability.
The carpet resists stain, mold, and mildew which is a common occurrence on a boat. It is also fire retardant.
The installation will be straightforward as the carpet can be rolled easily. Although you can order the required length depending on your needs, the pre-cut width offered by the manufacturer is 6 feet.
If you are looking for a carpet to match your boat, you will be glad to know that BoatCarpetSales offers a wide range of colors to choose from.
The cut pile is 16-ounce which is thick enough to last a long time and thin enough to cut easily.
- Reasonably priced
- Durable material that resists stain, mold, and mildew
- Available in 10 colors
- It frays when cut
- Rubber backing is too thin
What is Boat Carpet?
They are designed to be used in a marine environment. It is essential to find one, which will protect the surface of the boat. Also, you can’t replace the boat carpet with an indoor one. The marine tapestry is made to resist mold, fading, and mildew. Indoor ones can easily break and cannot protect your boat.
Outdoor carpets are not the wrong choice but still have many disadvantages. The use of a carpet is essential for any sailboat, just like every other item for your boat. A boat carpet is a secondary part of the sailboat, but you should use it if you want enough protection for the deck so you can enjoy your watercraft for longer.
The carpet will give you the feeling that you are at your home, sitting in the living room, while you are out on the water, feeling happy and free in your free time. So the carpet is designed to protect the surface of the vessel and your feet but is used not only for this but also for style and comfort.
Types of Boat Carpets
When you are looking for flooring, you need something that suits your style and your needs. Searching for the right product can be hard, so here we have collected the advantages and disadvantages of the most common types of marine carpets.
You can just choose an outdoor rug; it will protect the surface, but do not forget that this kind of tapestry will hold water. It must be changed frequently. You should check the surface under it, it can cause rotting if not dried. So be careful if you choose this type of carpet.
Rubber Boat Carpet
Slip resistance and very comfortable, rubber flooring is not the most attractive option, but it is cheap and effortless to access.
Disadvantages: In the warm sunny days, it will become scorching. The direct sunlight will not only heat the carpet but can also damage it. So you need to take good care of it.
Vinyl Boat Carpet
Such a carpet is used not only in garages but in boats too. It is a little more expensive, but it looks cooler than the rubber one. The vinyl carpet has slip resistance and is very easy to install.
Disadvantages: Must have some shade over it. This kind of flooring is not UV stable so the direct sunlight can damage it.
PVS Boat Flooring
This one is compact and very easy to install because it is like a jigsaw puzzle. It is waterproof and protects the vessel from the mold. PVC is one of the best options, but there are still some drawbacks.
Disadvantages: This type of carpet is more expensive, and it cannot be placed under direct sunlight for long periods.
Drainage Tiles Boat Carpet
The most significant advantage is in the name of the carpet. One word – Drainage. The liquids can flow underneath; this allows them to dry easier. This type of carpet is elementary to clean and install. Also, there is a UV stable option.
Disadvantages: This is the most expensive option. If the price does not matter for you, maybe this is not a drawback, but it is still good to check all available options.
Benefits Of Using Boat Carpet
Using something to protect the floor is necessary. There are many benefits of using a boat carpet – we have done some research and here are the most essential ones.
- Durability – carpets will protect the floor of the boat so you can enjoy it longer. If you choose the right type of carpet, install it right and take good care of it, it will protect your boat for a long time.
- Security – the water on the floor is dangerous. With a slip-resistant carpet, it will be safer for you. The chances of falling down decrease.
- Maintenance – having a carpet means you only need to clean it. You do not need to take care of the floor under the rug. The floor is protected from sunlight, mold, rust and other factors that can damage it.
- Soft feel – Some people use carpets only to have the feeling that they are in the living rooms, while they are sailing, enjoying the sun and their free time.
Of course, every item has some drawbacks. Here you can look at some of them.
- Metal Rivets – if you use them to attach your carpet to the boat, do not forget that they are metal and get very hot. If you do not pay attention, you can burn your feet on them. They also can damage the surface of the boat, so be careful.
- Absorption – If the carpet isn’t water-resistant, then you will struggle not only with water but also with sand and smell. So you must take good care of the flooring if you do not want to feel the sand or the scent. You need to clean the carpet properly and be very careful about the stains and the things around the rug.
- Rotting – we do not know what happens under the carpet. So be sure, you put the rug correctly. It must be water-resistant. If not, it will absorb water. The water will be in touch with the boat. Allow the carpet to dry and change it frequently. Choose the right type of carpet – it will protect your vessel. Take care of it – the maintenance is not so hard and will save you a lot of money and time. The quality of materials is something, you need to pay attention to.
After all this, you need to think about the right type of carpet and the proper care about it. Do not forget to check the manual during the installation. If the installation is done wrong, you will have many problems with the carpet. Do not forget that the rug is necessary, but you need to know how to handle it, it will cause you some unpleasant situations.
Every marine accessory for your boat has some essential features. Let’s take a fast look at the most crucial characteristics of boat carpets
This one is important. If you are planning to put the rug in direct sunlight, choose a rug, which is UV light stabilized. If it does not have these features, it will break-down fast.
Mold and mildew resistance
This one is also important. If you are thinking to use the carpet longer, you will need one, which will protect the boat. Mild and rust are dangerous for the sailboat.
Nobody wants to fall down on the boat. Wet surfaces are a good precondition for falling. So always check the slip resistance of the carpet.
Quality of the materials
Check this. The quality of the carpet is essential. The life of the flooring is not long, because of the water and the sun, but if it made of high-grade materials, you can use it longer and save money.
There is a variety of carpets. They are all different. It depends on the surface under the rug.
As we already said, the carpets for boats do not have a long life. Choose flooring that is easy to install and to remove. It will save you money, time and effort when it is time for a change.
Installation of the boat carpet is not more difficult than installing a quality boat cover. You need some knives, good glue [if not included] and time. Always check the manual of the manufacturer for additional information, but here are some tips, you may find useful.
- Clean the surface before placing the carpet.
- Work in small sections.
- Use a boat carpet glue with good quality.
- You can use a carpet roller. It will help you.
- Give the glue time to dry.
There are a few ways to clean the boat carpet and to do the boat floor maintenance. This is very important if you want to enjoy your carpet for a long time. Taking proper care for the flooring is as easy as taking care of the boat seats inside your vessel. We are going to face you with some suggestions.
- You can use a steam cleaner. Of course, it depends on what type of carpet you have.
- Warm water and mild soap will wash the carpet. Do not forget to rinse it after that.
- Broom or brush. You can brush the carpet too.
- Do not forget to allow the carpet to dry.
- If possible, keep the carpet under shade to prevent fading of the colors and the quality of the rug.
Safety is essential for sailing. So if you want to stay calm, here are some safety tips, you may find helpful.
- Choose the right type of boat carpet. It must suit your style, your boat, its surface and length, and most importantly your needs.
- Take proper care of the carpet. Clean it with the right supplies; always make sure the carpet is okay, so it can protect you and your boat.
- Slip resistance is essential for your safety. Do not forget about it. The wet surface can cause falling. Be sure you have chosen the right kind of carpet so you will not be in danger.
- Be aware of hotness. If the carpet is too hot, you can burn your legs. Always check it, before stepping barefoot on it.
- Allow the flooring to dry. If the carpet is always wet, it will damage faster.
- If it is not right installed, it will damage fast. Check the manual, choose the right boat carpet glue and search for help if needed.
Best Boat Carpets Comparison Chart
|Indoor/Outdoor Carpet with Rubber Marine Backing||$$||6 Ft x 10 Ft||Polyester fibers||Gray|
|SeaSense Boat Bunk Padding||$||12-Inch x 12-Foot||Polypropylene||Black|
|Marine Carpeting Do-It-Yourself Boat Carpet||$$$ – $$$$$||6 feet or 8 feet||Polypropylene construction||12 Options|
|Value Carpets Marine Grade Boat Carpet||$$||6′ x 12′||100% polypropylene stabilized carpet yarn||10 Options|
|Bascar Pontoon Boat Carpet||$$$ – $$$$$||8.5′ Wide x Various Lengths||32-ounce marine grade carpet||4 Options|
|BoatCarpetSales Cutpile Boat Carpet||$$ – $$$$||6′ Wide||16 Ounce cut pile marine grade||10 Options|
Well done! A lot of questions arise when we are after the best boat carpet. What precisely is this item? How to choose it correctly? Should you buy one? Is it necessary? How to take care of the carpet? You have already got the answers to these essential questions.
Having read our article and our additional information and tips, you now realize that finding a reliable product can be a bit hard. Choosing the right type of carpet, taking proper care for your supplies, installing them safely and following some safety rules will definitely help you to spend your time in the water trouble-free.
If you find our guide useful, do not forget to forward it to your friends and family so they can check our information and the best boat cover reviews. Thank you for reading! If you need additional information about other supplies for your boat, check our articles. There, you can find interesting information, tips and everything you need to make the right choice of what you need and how to take it. Do not forget the life-vest. Thanks for reading and as always – stay put!